06. September 2021
Hardware Associate (Medtech company based in Vienna)
Come and grow with a medical technology company!.
We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised, self-motivated minds developing home testing systems that combine diagnostics technology with medical knowledge and data. Currently, we are developing new tests which will provide medical value to our users. That’s where you come in.
A little about your future role…
We offer a permanent position, based in Vienna, where you can grow professionally in an innovative, open, diverse and future-oriented startup environment. You will:
- Help conduct bioanalytical assay development and validation projects
- Support the software and hardware teams to improve and optimize Bloom’s products
- Support with the industrialization and continued production throughout the life-cycle of our in-vitro diagnostics products
- Conduct research and technical evaluations in the prior agreed upon field
- Ensure the production quality of our consumer-focused medical products
- Work and document compliant with IVDD, ISO 13485:2016 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820 and Bloom’s IMS processes
- Collaborate with the other teams (especially QM, Regulatory, Medical) to ensure that the products are designed in a technically-valid and clinically-relevant manner
- Participate in technical assessment, qualification and selection of external partners / vendors
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research and trends in the field
- Work in a collaborative agile environment
- Apply a solution and problem solving attitude
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Occasionally travel outside of Austria (outside of COVID times)
A little about you…
- Technical University or Applied Sciences degree with a focus on biomedical, electrical engineering or similar
- Well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or challenges
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Great communication skills internally and externally
- Fluent in English at a professional level; German and/or other languages are advantageous
- Comfortable building your own structures and aligning them with company goals
- Great analytical skills, as well as ability to cross-relate information from different topics and areas (RA, biotech, medical, product development..)
- Ability to adapt, as well as to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Project management experience, always aiming for efficient management and reaching of deadlines
- Knowledge about IVDD / IVDR, 21 CFR 812, ISO 13485
- Experience with immunoassay development
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. Our team has proven experience in the European healthtech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What we can offer you:
- Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days.
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback.
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Yearly Vienna transit card.
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
For this full-time position, we offer a competitive, annual gross salary starting at € 38.000, negotiable and is the very least we would pay, depending on your skills and experience.
Like what you read?
To apply, send us an email at email@example.com! We look forward to receiving your CV and references to your most recent software projects. We are proud of our diverse and international team and are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring based on age, gender, race, or anything else.
Your privacy is important to Bloom thus we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When applying with us @bloom diagnostics we will process your personal data provided by you for the purpose of handling your job application on the legal basis of a pre-contractual relationship. In your best interest, to inform you of new job opportunities suited for you, we will keep your application data for 24 months. After that period we will delete it. If you do not want us to keep your application data, we will delete it earlier upon your instructions. If you have further questions regarding data handling, do not hesitate to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.