January 14, 2021
Immunoassay Development Specialist
for a medical technology company.
We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised, self-motivated minds developing home testing systems that combine diagnostics technology with medical knowledge and data. Currently, we are developing new tests which will provide medical value to our users. That’s where you come in.
A little about your future role…
- We offer a permanent, full-time position based in Vienna. You will:
- Help us conduct bioanalytical assay development and validation projects
- Conduct research and technical evaluations in the prior agreed upon field
- Conduct literature reviews for analytical assay evaluation and clinical evaluation of new products
- Collaborate with the medical team to ensure that the products are designed in a technically-valid and clinically-relevant manner
- Support of the Medical/Product Team in writing, editing and reviewing scientific content for consumer-facing products
- Participate in technical assessment, qualification and selection of external partners / vendors
- Manage collaborations with external partners for bioanalytical assay development projects
- Stay up-to-date on the latest research and trends in the field
- Work in a collaborative agile environment
- Solve challenging problems
- Take ownership and have an impact on the product
- Develop and validate our consumer-focused medical products
- Occasional travel outside of Austria required (outside of COVID times)
All about you....Must Haves:
- At least 2 years industry experience
- Advanced research, writing, reporting and analysis competencies
- University degree with a focus on biomedical research or biotechnology
- Experience with regulatory affairs and method validation. Experience with IVDD, 21 CFR 812, ISO 13485, EN 13612 and EN 13532 is a plus
- Experience with cell-free immunoassay development. Experience with IVD and validated diagnostic Lateral Flow Assays is a plus
- Experience with handling of human specimens at least in research laboratory environment
- Well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Have a positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or challenges
- Comfortable working both independently and on a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
- Great communication skills internally and externally (Notified bodies and suppliers)
- Fluent in English at a professional level; German and/or other languages are advantageous
- Comfortable building your own structures and aligning them with company goals
- Great attention to detail and analytical skills, as well as ability to cross-relate information from different topics and areas (RA, biotech, medical, product development..)
- Good understanding of immunology, cell-free immunoassays and protein biology
- Ability to adapt, as well as to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Working experience in a clinical / diagnostic laboratory environment
- Good understanding of statistics is a plus
- Project management experience, always aiming for efficient management and reaching of deadlines
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. Our team has proven experience in the European healthtech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What we can offer you:
- Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days.
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback.
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Yearly Vienna transit card.
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
Like what you read?
To apply, send us an email at email@example.com! We look forward to receiving your CV.. We are proud of our diverse and international team and are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring based on age, gender, race, or anything else.
Your privacy is important to Bloom thus we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When applying with us @bloom diagnostics we will process your personal data provided by you for the purpose of handling your job application on the legal basis of a pre-contractual relationship. In your best interest, to inform you of new job opportunities suited for you, we will keep your application data for 12 months. After that period we will delete it. If you do not want us to keep your application data, we will delete it earlier upon your instructions. If you have further questions regarding data handling, do not hesitate to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For this full-time position, we offer a competitive, annual gross salary starting at € 55.000, negotiable and is the very least we would pay, depending on your skills and experience.