July 05, 2021
Junior UI/UX Designer - Vienna Based
Come and innovate for a medical technology company.
We believe in a future where healthcare is more accessible. That’s why we work with specialised, self-motivated minds to develop home testing systems that combine diagnostics technology with medical knowledge and data.
Accessible healthtech and better diagnostics have the power to shift the healthcare paradigm from reactive to proactive; that’s why we develop speedy and user-friendly diagnostics technology that can be used in the comfort of your home. Our integrated mobile app is intrinsic in delivering this value to our users. To continue enhancing our award winning design, we are expanding our in-house design team and that´s where you come in...
A little about your future role…
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to help design, coordinate and contribute to the development of our fully compliant medical diagnostics mobile app (iOS & Android). You will work with a very experienced UX Designer who will give you just the right amount of support you need. In more detail, you will:
- Support your cross-functional product team by applying your craft: conceptual design, user research, wireframing, low and high fidelity UI prototyping, usability testing and implementation
- Design innovative solutions and product features for casual users. From helping them buying our products, understand their results, learn about their health and gather actionable insights
- Design user screens according to Human Interface and Material Design Guidelines
- Conduct user testing (test wireframes, customer labs)
- Define, measure, implement and analyse key product success metrics
- Be ready to tackle some graphic design projects aimed for marketing and promotion, on occasion
All about you....Core Qualifications:
- Platforms: At least 1 year of UI design experience for iOS and Android.
- Tools: we prefer Sketch but if you work with Adobe CC or Figma you will be fine. Nice to have: Experience with motion graphics and animation software (AE, lotties)
- Knowledge: current mobile technologies, standards, patterns & visual design trends.
- Language: Fluent in English. German and/or other languages are advantageous.
All about you....Soft Skills Qualifications:
- Able to implement visual design concepts such as balance, composition, contrast, hierarchy; as well as the principles of Gestalt in every piece of work you do
- Passionate about uses of design/information architecture/usability/ accessibility, about your work and happy to present your designs to stakeholders for review and feedback
- Passionate about everything related to design and tech outside of work.
- Communicate complex topics in a simple way. Whether on paper, face to face, or when designing, you can get your visual and non-visual ideas across effectively.
- Ability to understand, design and communicate a cohesive and consistent end-to-end user experience, beyond just the creation of wireframes
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability.
- Proficiency in creating use cases and process flow diagrams
- Experience creating prototypes that are suitable for demos, usability testing or adaptation by software engineers.
- Customer focused and dedicated to ensuring a high quality of service
- Be able to solve complex problems, requiring numerous iterations and shoulder to shoulder work with PMs
- Well-organised with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- A positive and resilient attitude, even when encountering problems or when things go haywire
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team, within a fast-paced and flexible startup environment
A little about us…
Bloom is an international company, with home bases in Zurich and Vienna. Our team has proven experience in the European healthtech, home-testing and medical research sectors and a proven track record of resilience in the competitive startup scene.
We value self-motivation and self-awareness, entrepreneurship, long-term thinking and collaborative teamwork. We are in the healthcare space and this requires us to constantly reflect upon how we impact the lives of our users. After all, we care for their health.
What we can offer you:
- Working in a next-generation healthtech company, building and scaling a market from anew
- Flexible work hours and ability to organise home-office days.
- Flat-hierarchy, with an open communication style and feedback.
- Team activities
- Working with an internationally diverse, young and dynamic team where English is the company language
- Spacious office in 1st district Vienna (with awesome places to go for lunch and after work drinks), free coffee and tea and fruit
- Yearly Vienna transit card.
- Opportunity to contribute to a future where healthcare will be more prevention-focused and patient-centered
For this full-time position, we offer a competitive, annual gross salary starting at a minimum of € 35.000, negotiable and this is the very least we would pay, depending on your skills and experience.
Like what you read?
To apply, send us an email at email@example.com! We look forward to receiving your CV and references to your most recent software projects. We are proud of our diverse and international team and are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring based on age, gender, race, or anything else.
Your privacy is important to Bloom thus we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). When applying with us @bloom diagnostics we will process your personal data provided by you for the purpose of handling your job application on the legal basis of a pre-contractual relationship. In your best interest, to inform you of new job opportunities suited for you, we will keep your application data for 24 months. After that period we will delete it. If you do not want us to keep your application data, we will delete it earlier upon your instructions. If you have further questions regarding data handling, do not hesitate to reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.